Sierra Madre is a special place and I continue to believe that our best years are yet to come. Please join me in making that happen. I again respectfully ask for your vote on April 10th.
Proven Leadership for Our Foothill Village
I am honored to have served you for four years on the City Council, including serving as your Mayor last year. I am very proud that, by working with my Council colleagues, my efforts to restore collegiality and civility to our council have been successful.
Since I’ve been on the Council I have kept the promises I made four years ago including:
- Restoring civility and decorum to Council meetings.
- Preparing for all City Council meetings doing due diligence with perfect attendance for all four years.
- Implementing fiscally responsible management of financial resources.
- Preserving local control of our police department and saving the SMPD.
- Professionalizing our Fire Department and making our city safer.
- Developing and implementing comprehensive plans to rebuild our decaying infrastructure.
- Completing the General Plan and developing reasonable approaches to land use planning.
- Leading the effort as Mayor to hire our new City Manager.
As a government professor for 26 years I have taught the virtues of responsiveness and transparency. As your Council Member I have worked to put this into practice. If re-elected, I will continue to work with my Council colleagues to improve our city government, ensuring that Sierra Madre’s future is bright.
Over the past four years it has been an honor to serve on the Council as Mayor and Mayor Pro Tem. Also, I represented the Council serving on the Foothill Workforce Development Board, the Board of Directors for the Los Angeles County Sanitation District, as Alternate Board Member on the San Gabriel Valley Council of Governments, as Council Member on the City’s Water Subcommittee and as Council Liaison to the Police Department, Public Safety Committee, Community Services Commission, Library Board of Trustees and the Senior Community Commission.